Friday, September 19, 2008

shimblie bimbles

I am feeling deeply unispired. We'll see how this goes.

Yesterday, we had planned a night together with all the roommates. Some of us were feeling pretty disunified. Even when we live, sleep, school, eat, teach, shower within inches of eachother, we still have to be intentional about the time spent together. A lot of ugly confessions came out, as well as new revelations from God about what He has been speaking and of course fun times giggling together. It was nice to get caught up with everyone. It's not easy to always be in such close quarters with everyone, but this is definitely how we learn. I think we all caught on that we have to choose to love one another, even in everyone's "annoying habits", we have to choose love. To finish off the deeper-than-planned-evening, we all took communion with soda water and the snack of choice. I chose a strawberry. About a month ago, when we finished 24 hour worship, we came together as a base, and then divided into 20 groups with 20 different fathers leading us in communion. Pete shared that communion is a cornerstone event where we all recognize Jesus' sacrifice and that we are striving to be in right relationship with him. Along with that comes the committment to be in right relationship with one another. So similar to the time that we had as a base, we come back together, confessed and brought light to any other issues that darkness needed to flee from, and then prayed together. It turned out to be quite the evening. Afterwards, I ended up sharing about high school dances, I don't know how we diverged that way. Anyway, all the girls were quite impressed with Charlie's creativity. They all thought that stuff "only happened in movies".

Hehehe!

Okay, it is time for me to one-on-one...Love you family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my deepest shimbelies...
I miss you little lamb.

crredding said...

:) Thanks for the plug :)

Charlotte said...

Oh, high school dances. One time this guy gave me two tickets and I asked what they were for and he said to the gun show.
And, that was my date.

Gretchen said...

You're so right about that love being a choice thing, Bek...

And it grows deeper with each annoyance and dirty little habit that we put up with.

As I tell my kids: we are always someones "extra grace required" person. Not exactly comforting, but true.