Monday, September 22, 2008

Recap. Rewind. Past couple weeks.


They saved the placenta for us to observe on our visit to the hospital. It was so exciting to finally get our gloved hands on one that wasn't made out of yarn and a mozzie net.

We learned newborn resusscitation. The baby was so slippery, I suppose that is what happens with plastic.

We definitely took ahold of the hospital experience...so many tubes and gadgets.

There are different ways to hold the bub during resuss, Sarah is excitedly demostrating thumb-over-thumb.

Let me introduce you to a dilly-sucker. Used to suck out the fluids from a newborn's mouth, or the spit that resides in Rachel's mouth. Dilly bars anyone?

This is at Market Night. I am displaying the ring that was gifted to me and how to properly execute a kitty stab. Please notice our awesome sign in the back, probably part of the reason we won the market.

Becca and Bekah. Staff and student. Friend and Friend.

As we were praying for finances we prophetically came up with "power signs" that represented us seeing breakthrough in finances. We all did our power moves when we were introduced on commissioning night. Mine had to be altered since I was wearing a dress. However, it still held the meaning, breaking through selfishness and on guard on the enemy's lies of doubt. It was the perfect match for "Eye of the Tiger". Can you feel the fierceness? Imagine, this is only a picture...

Here are all the lovely BASers, fully commissioned!

This is my one-on-one/school leader, Darcy. I love her heaps. Stevie jumped in the photo, uninvited I may add. I like candid shots.

Here are the fearless staff!

My scandinavian friends.

If you can't get all the way in the photo, atleast get a body part in. "I'm in the picture!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh...i think i just threw up in my mouth and swallowed it.

Anonymous said...

I have to comment again. Dilly Sucker...does that have anything to do with a hairy hoo hang dilly? Just wondering. Oh yeah...that's my sister.
M

Anonymous said...

ok, Bek, even those of us in the business could use a warning before opening to that first lovely red picture! Yikes. But....pretty amazing, huh? I remember the first time I held a gall bladder in my hands in the OR, it was awesome! (not everyone would agree, I'm sure!)
Blessings on you, Dear!

Anonymous said...

Bek....Dad said, it is good to see you in action! I don't think he is referring to the placenta, rather your priceless facial expressions in each picture. How great to see all off you and especially after you were all commissioned! I just have one questions....whos clothes are you wearing? You must have found someone to share with!!

Notes from Pat... if you dare not call mother and i on our birthdays ILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND SIZZLE YOUR FOOT IN A NON STICKING GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL!

Much love

Bruder Bear

Unknown said...

thankyou bek for the wonderful picture of the placenta!
it's interesting to see you in action! i can't wait for the field stories. you're amazing! keep going out and going strong!! you're in my prayers woman.