Friday, September 12, 2008

I hope I haven't left anyone hanging too long.

Today is Friday. We are all pretty exhausted. I have wanted to update since Wednesday but the Aussie internet wouldn't allow me too. Anyway, the page is loaded, homework is done, Friday night meeting is over and it is so late that I get the whole couch to myself. Oh wait, Callie just got on skype, this might have to wait...

MMkay...So Tuesday night ended with me writing a final update and blog. It really feels like forever ago...Anyway, I tossed and turned the whole night, just being in anticipation of what the next day held. I woke up too early, but being on the top bunk, my computer conveniently rests on top of a huge closet. Without waking anyone up, I was fully able to get in contact with the world. I opened my painfully slow Yahoomail Classic (I have been spoiled with lightning email and the all-new Yahoo mail at the Dinneen house)...and low and behold, my total of 3800 had decreased to 3000. Praise God. It was hard to contain my bouncing, even with my mummy bag zipped fully. Without too much time passing, my roommates all had woken up and I was able to contact my mom and share the incredible news. As soon as I contacted her, we rejoiced over the money that had come in on Tuesday and Wednesday, my number of 5800 had basically been cut in half. It was perfect timing really, my mom was actually on the way to the bank, and was depositing some final checks for me. As we added it all together, little by little, my total was falling. Before we knew it, I was totalling zero. ZERO. No more money. I needed zero more dollars. Oh God, you are good! I let out a cry of rejoicing and yelled it to my roommates. How incredible. God's timing is more than perfect.

This was just the start of the day...Melisa also recieved her money before we went to class. Praise God!

So we went into our classroom that morning, praising God for His work and then headed to Hollie's house for small group. Darcy encouraged us to be sensitive. If there was anyone God was laying on our hearts, anything He was telling us to give away, random people we were to wait for on the street, to just be sensitive, to put actions behind our faith. And so we did, probably 20 phonecalls were made, clothing was redistributed, zillions of emails sent and recieved, several SMS's sent via Skype and with each dollar we received news of we praised God. We were all in faith that by midnight, we would have a total of zero. The day was a quick one, stories were scattered from school to school. All the schools had their finances due and each one had their epic tales of anonymous-unheard of-donations.

After dinner time, we all filed into the classroom. We looked at the decreased number, now 15,000 from the morning's 20,000ish. We had already seen God's generous heart that day. It was set, we wouldn't leave the classroom until all of the money came in. We started out by doing some prayer marching. You know the usual, singing "Father Abraham", "I may never march...", "He's got the whole world...", marching seven times around the outside, acting out the story of Jericho. It was a fun time in our groups and prophetic. Again Darcy brought us back together to encourage any final people to contact that God was laying on our hearts. We continued to pray, some people called, others emailed. The hours passed, people came in and out of the classroom. At one time we entered in with the DTS for a time of worship, what a testimony to see them all worshiping, on their faces, praying for eachother, fully relying on God, so much change in such a short time! Around 9pm, we all gathered for one final time. We praised God together for all the people who had donated to our pool, and finally were told how much there was. We had 7000 in the pool and 9000 remaining. BAsically, we need 2000 more dollars. We entered into a time of hearing from God, singing, and then before anyone could do anything, the number became zero. ZERO! ZERO! Who is our God? The creator of the universe, author, perfector, creator. My dad. I am his daughter, and he has provided 120,000 for my whole team to go on outreach. No mountain is too big, no heart is too hard and no amount in any timespan is too big for my God.

We saw God breakthrough. Absolutely.

Thank you for your prayer, your support, your love. Rejoice with us. God is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeppers...that God is a good one. what did i say about yeppers?
M
(secretly your sister)

Anonymous said...

praise God praise God praise God!!

Gretchen said...

He is good. All the time. Bekah, this post is so humbling. Thank you for keeping us all aware of your highs, lows, and God's provision.