Tuesday, July 01, 2008

i suppose you could start the hourly countdown...but please don't.

I'm leaving on a jet plane.

Last night I was able to say farewell, Bon Voyage, Bis Später to several of my friends...What an out of body experience it is to imagine not seeing people for a year. To not be in my house for a year would alone be life-changing, let alone living in another world. For now, I expect to have my heart broken for the preventable death of babies. I expect to meet people that will reflect Jesus in a way I have not see yet in my life. I expect to see babies raised from the dead through God's power and women come to the Lord. I expect to pray knowing every second of every life is in God's hands.

It was joyful to be connected with all the people I care about at once and watching them connect with one another gave me the urge to be a fly on the wall and listen to their conversations.

Thank you Lord for surrounding me with people who love you and love me.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Miss ya already. BTW, why can't I subscribe to your posts?

Jill Backstrom said...

Bekah,I was so glad that I was able to come to the airport to see you on your way.I know that your trip is going to be AMAZING!!!You're the first one to leave on an adventure this year from Northlake to Ywam.I will be the next to go, hoping to have such a great experience on my dts.Now that I have a blog we can keep in contact and experiences on our trips. God has great things planed for both of our trips, I can feel it in my bones...Anyways Hope all will be great. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Bekah, I'm sure you're all settled by now in your new surroundings...making friends as you so easily do! I will be waiting to hear of your wonderful trip and new adventure!
Love,
Miss Pam

Lacey said...

we love you!