Monday, June 23, 2008

long car rides and too much Ben and Jerry's...

Keep your eyes on the reward my friends. the reward is relationship with God, not the land.

I was able to spend copious amounts of time with my family this weekend. We sailed to Friday Harbor of the San Juan Islands on the Washington State Ferry and resided in a one bedroom loft that was nestled above Farenheit 48 (I thought 451 would have been a better number choice). The highlight of the weekend was wandering aimlessly amidst a breathtaking island on a tandem bicycle, entrusting my life into my fearless 15-year-old brother.

Last night, while bowling the worst game of my life, I broke down in tears. My dad was poking around some casual questions about my preparations for leaving. After he got up to bowl, my mom intuitively asked me what was wrong. In the instant I heard "Wh--", my lacrimal puncta were overflowing and I was bawling.

It makes my dad distraught to think of me leaving, yet I know he would not want me to deny the plans of God. We must obey. Even when it hurts. There is no doubt that I will get on that plane in nine days, but I need to work on understanding how it would feel if someone who was part of my daily life, up and left, like Pat or my Mom, or Dad, for one year.

I am excited. I shared my year of itinerary with my neighbor's tonight. God is good, he is moving. He is moving in Pioneer Trails.

I love you family. Tomorrow marks the start of VBS and a slightly exhausting week at the Dinneen house. w00t!

P.S. Claire and Elsie are here. Upon bringing them to the house, Mom called (to see how close we were to being at the house). Elsie and Claire wanted to take turns talking. They were passing the phone back and forth (sharing nicely) leaving mom confused at the rapid conversation changes. At one point mom said "Claire...." and recieved the response, "This is not claire, this is Elsie.......(long pause)...i love you forever......here you go sister" (hands claire the phone) Oh I adore them.

No comments: