Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Just Photos...Thanks dad, I recieved the camera cord.


This is in King's Park! It is comparable to Central Park in New York...it is gargantuan.

We trusted God for $1200 for twelve new mattresses at the base. Between us and two other schools we raised all the money needed! Go God! God spoke to Sarah and asked her to cut her hair and sell it. She received $120. I got the last brush in just minutes before the chopping...

This is me becoming Australian. Robyn is a genuine Aussie, she is here completing the school with 5 of her 6 kids, mother and student. Her husband homeschools during the day and she covers the afternoons.

Sarah (with short hair!) from the U.S. via Peru, Melisa from B.C., Canada, Sarah; one of our staff, from Connecticut, Connie, from Norway.

This is my birthday table. Micah is the wee-one, child of Darcy (she is staring at him) our school leader, then me, then Melisa, then Connie, then Anna from Sweden and Guatemala, then Robyn, then Sarah.

Connie and I consuming Snapper and Chips...I thought halibut was everywhere. I am so ethnocentric.

Apparently Anna doesn't like being seen with us...she is in none of the photos. I promise, we love and include her.

5 comments:

Jill Backstrom said...

Awesome photos,it looks amazing over there.We got the postcard that you sent us yesterday!

Cindy Nelson said...

Hey Bekah.....we got our lovely postcard as well. I've shared your blog with my daughter Nicki and told your Mom how much your words are touching me. Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us in such a genuine way. You are loved and missed!

Anonymous said...

So glad you finaly got the cord!

Love to see your pictures.

Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

How much fun to read your blogs! Part of me is WAY jealous... here I bide my time until God opens the door for us - hopefully it won't be too long before we're back in Africa... On the other hand, half of me would like to stay here near my kids... I need to remind myself that without all the goodbyes I've said, I wouldn't have all the wonderful Hellos I had - wonderful people I would never have known if I had just stayed home...

Yes - Americans are SO into the independence lie!

If you ever get time off and want to go to the eastern end of the country we have friends that worked in Africa that are from/in Brisbane (I think)... I'm sure they'd love to have a visit from a friend of ours if you go and need a place to stay.

In Him,
Sarah Park

Jess said...

You look like you're having tons of fun! Post more... I keep waiting for it! :)