Monday, August 25, 2008

Just another day at the beach.

Yesterday was Sarah's birthday. It has gone around the other schools, that if you want a party, go to the BAS. Most of it has to do with the fact that we are the smallest school, less of us to get to know, lots of love to go around...

I am feeling unispired as I begin to hack away at my computer...

This week we have the Base Leader's husband is speaking. I guess the "base founder" would be a more concise way to decribe him. The topic is "Spiritual aspects of birth". We began the week by talking about death and suffering, most of which I am still pondering.

The problem with our incredibly deep lectures, is that I am still processing by the time another week rears its head too early Monday morning. Dr. Panter last week invested his heart into our classroom each day last week. Each morning he would begin by talking about what God has laid on his heart for the morning. Most of the week we talked about running the race, and finishing well. What struck me about Dr. Panter was his zealous heart for the Burmese people. It seeped into nearly every lecture, from Women in developing countries to S.I.D.s. His passion to bring change to Burma is invigorating. He has thrown off passivity and will not let even the hardest of the hard stop him.

One story that Dr. Panter shared has stuck with me. As he was overlooking the water, close to his home in the England, he humbly thought about the blessings in his life. He had completed his medical training, opened a personal practice, brought a new baby into the world...life was good...many people had told him and he agreed. He was truly helping people, whether during his 9-5 shift or on a Sunday morning while playing the organ at his church. As he gazed upon the waves, God asked him, "What do I think of your life?". This became a cornerstone for Dr. Panter. As he reinterated to us, God sees our motivations, God does not care about societal values, God cares about you living a life for Him.

I feel changed by this. I am still trying to take hold of it all.

On September 10, all of our outreach funds are due. Please continue to pray for strategy and release. And please, contact me with any new prayer requests.

I miss you, church family...you guys are the bestest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a prayer request: ask God to sell our house before Sept 10th so we can give you some $ for your outreach : )

Sarah Park

Bekah said...

thanks sarah! i am on it!