Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the harvest is here. the kingdom in near.

What would happen if I no longer viewed the world through my own eyes but through God's lense? First off, things would look different, more specifically, I would have a broken heart, I would hate sin, I would that it was destroying relationship, hate that was it was destroying individuals...often times I forget to do that, when that happens, the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) becomes sheer evil that needs to be eradicated, I forget that they too are God's people, they too have the promises from our God, they too are seeking to know "Is there a God? Does He love me? Is He Good? What on earth am I doing here? Why do I have to face this pain?". I forget that God's heart is for these men who rape children of their innocence, I forget that God's heart is in pieces for them because they chose to shot another women who refused to become a sex slave, I forget that God is pursuing them, just as hard as he is pursuing me.

And in my pride, I weep. Weep for our broken, broken world, that has been absolutely destroyed, that has absolutely turned its back on God. I weep because He has not stopped pursuing us, no matter how far we have gone.

We are meant for joy. Yet it is a rare occasion that people are filled with happiness and much more likely chance that we are stressed, overworked, tired and weary. Where is the joy? Where have we hidden it? Why have I traded such pitiful emotions for the smiles He delights in?

In my lamenting I have begun to challenge these thoughts, do I dare look at my life in the way that God looks at it?

3 comments:

Vickie Dinneen said...

Once again Bek, as God has convicted you, I am challenged in my faith. Thank you for the reminder to see through God's heart and eyes. It humbles, convits and challenges me to love bigger and judge less. I am oh-so-grateful for His mercy!

Jess said...

Bekah,

Sometimes I feel like like you are too hard on yourself. You are doing amazing things with your life; instead of talking about changing the world, and making it better, you are actually doing it. I'm proud of you.

It makes me happy knowing I have people like you in my life. I hope that you find whatever it is that you are looking for.

Yay for finding out where you get to go!!

Gretchen said...

Hi Bekah,

checking in again. I know it's been a while. I was walking with Patti (who did 21 miles on Sat in prep for our 3 Day on the 12th--I only did 15 cuz I had a hair appt), and she mentioned this post. Thank you for your words and your transparency, Bekah. I'm adding you to my google reader so I don't miss a thing. :)

Blessings,
Gretchen