Saturday, August 29, 2009

august update. decreasing the numbers.

Hi Family...

One month has passed since my last email and this is shocking. It is now almost over, August, that is.

We are really in the finance push right now. FInances for outreach are due in 11 days. I just wanted to share with you a fresh story. Starting need: 230,697.45. Basically, a house.

One of the lovely girls, who has been staffing here for two years and just completed the primary health care school, felt the L*ord said to give all her outreach fees away. That is about 9,000 dollars. Obediently she did, and she came to a place where she needed the L*ord to provide again. So for two weeks she has been seeking about how to approach this and didn't feel released to ask people yet. She did send one email and got 1000 dollars last Thursday! And then today, as I am walking to the base, I am met by a teary eyed girl. She said that she felt prompted to email her dad, whom she hasn't asked for money in 20 years, who also doesn't believe in G*od. (I realize that the term "girl" may be decieving, she is just so young at heart, although she has put in more years of life than me.) She specifically felt to ask him in participating in the building of G*od's kingdom. The story comes down to her dad saying yes to giving 4800...so "yes" to building of the kingdom, but he also gave much more than that. Needless to say, her full outreach is paid for. Pr*aise the L*ord.

Another story comes from Reinette, a South African (who is sitting right here and said I could use her name) and a lovely British girl (who shall remain nameless since she is currently car-washing and inaccessible). Each morning for the staff debt, there is pra*yer time that everyone can participate in but is specifically to see the debt decreased. During a prayer time last Friday, Reinette felt led to tell the "lovely one" that she would see half of her money come in. The "lovely one" was quite shocked and she claims "doubtful". At the end of the prayer time Reinette told the "lovely one" that G*od had spoke to her about giving half of her money to her. All of Reinette's money had been paid in, and only 50 dollars of the "lovely one's" had been paid in. So now, they are neck and neck, trusting G*od together for the final push.

So in the beginning, we needed $230,697.75 and as of this morning, we need $76.548.45. So in total, we have seen the provision of $154,149.30.

Otherwise, the teaching, small groups, wor*ship times, inter*cession times, etc. have been a time of refining. I feel like G*od has been bringing personally to the surface all the ugliness. Why do I say that? What is my motivation? Why do you think that way? There is plenty more where that came from, and he is surfacing it bit by bit. It could be discouraging, but right now, being a place of dis*cipleship, this is a good time for it to be happening. Thank you L*ord that you consider us worthy for a work that is much greater than ourselves.

Okay, I think that's all. I mean I could keep going on and on...but maybe that's enough for one month. (If it isn't enough, I am still blogging at www.bekah29.blogspot.com). Please send me your thoughts, pra*yer requests, funny riddles, I love to hear from you guys.

Bekah

3 comments:

Megan said...

Your words are encouraging and push me to trust in the Lord more boldly. Thanks Bek.

Gretchen said...

Even as I sit, in an embarrassment of riches, it's still a daily, grinding task to hold all but Him in loosed hands. A task to trust Him, no matter the plan, the circumstance, the mood I'm in...

Thank you for this encouragement, Bek, and blessings to you and your team.

Bekah said...

thank you guys for your encouragement back. i love to hear from you. it means so much (i know that is possibly the most common comment i make when you guys respond, but really, truly, ahhh, deep love across oceans through you reading and responding to me).