Thursday, August 27, 2009

from the students. :)

what are they learning these days???

this one is from Cara. she is from orlando, florida, has an infectious laugh and bouncy curly hair. i love her.

Gatekeepers for women and children
The BAS... I have already been here for 5 weeks now, and I would say it's an amazing school!! Honestly it’s just been awesome learning about birth and how G*od created a woman's body for it! I stand in awe of G*od all the time as I am learning about labor and delivery, Anatomy & Physiology, antenatal care, and what it really means to be a G*od fearing midwife!! Also learning about our role as midwives how we are the gate keepers into these women and children's lives, we are there to protect and pr*ay over them; basically we are going to be inter*cessors in the lives of these women as they bring forth G*ods creation!!! How exciting is that, I love this school and we are only half way through our 3 month lecture phase!!!

this one is from Kali, a Texan...no I am not partial to the americans.

It is amazing how G*od can cleanse our eyes and give us His view of the world. One of the ways that G*od has changed me is breaking this world view of a sacred and secular divide in the kingdom of G*od. I had such a wrong view on G*od's look into health care and had no idea that He speaks and cares about so many of the details that go into health care. I always saw G*od as the healer, but never as the practical G*od that would provide preventive tools to avoid ever needing healing. He goes to the source, G*od provides the practical things to prevent us from ever getting sick,. He has such a love for us that He doesn't just rebuke all sickness, but teaches us how to raise up our lives out of it, how we can play a part in keeping ourselves well. I am in awe of G*od's love constantly and in His ability to constantly be gently bringing us into His kingdom in so many ways.


I love them.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I love them, too. Your work, and God's work thru you is incredibly miraculous each and every day.