Saturday, June 27, 2009

june 26, 2009---a day to remember

i went skydiving just hours ago. since i won't be able to say that again tomorrow, i thought this called for an urgent blog.

for my dad's christmas gift and my birthday gift (he patiently waited and surprised me), we headed down to snohomish's harvey field and did it. we climbed in about 10 minutes to 3000 feet (3962.4 meters) and free-fell for over a minute. when my instructor pulled the parachute, we dangled in the air waiting for my dad and his instructor. there we were, hang time, talking about how beautiful our city is...mountains...clear sky...cruise ships...farm land...gorgeous.

never before has my mouth been so dry, my face so cold or my mind so boggled. while free falling my instructor grabbed my arms and cranked them to the left and right and we spun around and around. he would give me thumbs up and i would give him two back. i never knew you could control the parachute, but sure enough he let me pull it left and right and swoop us around. amazing. better than any amusement park ride.

i think this could be addicting.

definitely the best 15 minutes of the day.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Awesome! And totally cool that you got to share it with your dad. Praying about your visa, but I confess...in my selfish heart, I wish it'd take a bit longer. xxxooo So blessed by the time we spent together.

Anonymous said...

Miss Bekak that is so awesome! We were coming home from Chelan on Saturday and saw some people sky diving at about 8PM. Connor and Darren were very interested. Connor of course says he wants to do it! I ditto what Gretchen said, I will be praying for you visa! However, I worried all weekend that I didn't get to say good bye to you. Everytime I think of you, it brings tears to my eyes! I am so very proud of you and love you to pieces!

Love,
Miss Patti

Anonymous said...

Bek

What a pleasure to be a part of your life!

I love you

Dad