Monday, January 01, 2007

12 hours til take off

I want to thank all of you for your fervent prayer. It is crazy to look back to October when God first spoke to us about going to Congo and now we are leaving...hard to believe in 12 hours, my team will be on our way to Uganda.

Go God. Man He has lead the planning of this trip and know that He will continue...Before Christmas break we were 7000 euros short, now we need $2000 US. That is definitely closing the gap!!! I can't process the fact that I am going to Africa. Haha.

So anyways, we will be in Kampala for 6 days, and then the YWAM base in Arua which is more Northern Uganda. There we will work on the projects that have already been started there. From Uganda we will continue to DR Congo. It's pretty exciting because we get the chance to have a Mission Aviation private pilot take us. Once we get there, then we will meet our contact in the Northeast of Congo. We are going to work within a church, but still have yet to have any direction to exactly what will be happening...

I will update you as much as I can. I don't know how much time or resources will be available, but as Jan says "It is not always possible to rely on the Holy Spirit for prayer requests, so please, keep in contact". With that in mind I will try to let you know how God is rocking Africa.

I sent prayer cards to my family. There are 50 of them and it would be great to have all of you at home consistently praying for the team! Just ask and I'm sure the family will have a spare one!

Until next time...

Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bek,
Our prayers and thoughts are with
you on your journey. We love you!
Gram, Anne and Family.

Anonymous said...

go bekah go!!! i am so excited for you!! love,
chantal