Sunday, January 21, 2007

Quick update from Bek...

hallo alles-
here I am in Arua, uganda. My team has been here for almost 3 weeks, and it seems hard to believe that this is only the beginning.

These past 10 days we were in Rhino Camp, a Sudanese Refugee Camp about 2 hours out of Arua. I experienced many firsts there and will never forget the time.

We spent the first five days going to different parts of the camp meeting the people, sharing about our lives with them and more importantly hearing about their lives. Most of the people are from Southern Sudan, which is "Christian", but they are in dire need of discipleship. They have lived a life, I don't think anyone in the west could imagine. The last 5 days we put together a seminar for the people to accomodate their need for discipleship. They are so hungry for the word of God. The whole time was a very unique opportunity and we as a team were really challenged.

I don't know what to share with you, I haven't quite processed it all myself...

The heat was like nothing I have ever experienced in the month of January! It was normally 100 degrees in the room we were sleeping, and 85 degrees at night. In the sun from 12-5, it was probably 105 degrees. Heat definitely makes things more difficult. I have never done ministry in conditions like that or for 9 days straight.

These next couple days we are staying in Arua and then on Monday flying to Congo for 7 weeks!

Thank you for your prayer and support. I love you all!! I will update next when I can!


I LOVE YOU MOLLY! THANK YOU!

Bek

No comments: