Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas in Germany. Weird.

There are 9 days until Christmas and it still doesn't feel like November was just here. This week was our last full week of lecture. Next week we have 3 days of lecture and then after work duty on Wednesday, we are free to leave. I am going home with my friend Ruth. She lives in Bovaria, Southern Germany. Her dad is German and her mom is Swiss and they have 7 children. I am very much looking forward to spend time with her and also with a family. How depressing would it be to stay in Herrnhut on Christmas break, very depressing. I was very excited when she invited me to stay with her, the sentence that followed the invitation was, "Now, we just need to find 4 more people to come with too. 3 of my siblings are going to be gone this year, and I just can't stand an empty house at Christmas time". My following comment was, "This is going to sound really weird, but ummm, I have this friend, in Switzerland, and we wanted to hang out during Christmas time, do you think it would be possible for him to come to?". She was so excited. I explained how one of my bestest friends (yes, I know "bestest" isn't a word) is doing his DTS in Switizerland and he also had no where to go for Christmas. She was like, "yeah, sure I live 10 minutes from the Swiss border, that'll work out well". Totally a God thing. I am very excited to see Charlie, but it freaks me out that lecture phase has flown by, and 5 days after break, I am on my way to Africa. WOW!

I appreciate all who have been praying for our Congo team. Here are some updated prayer requests: Currently we are working on our visas. They should be here sometime this week if there are no complications. Also, we are still short about 10000 Euros as a team, nothing God can't take care of, but as the deadline approaches we need to consistently pray for this. Thank you all! I love you guys! Please update me on things at home!!!! I always enjoy hearing from you all.

No comments: