Sunday, June 05, 2011

it's the end of the year as i know it.

i am coming to the end of the farewells here. the students walked across the floor, received their certificates, i got my license, drove several to the airport and now i am winding down starting to process...what in the world just happened.

hot water comes out of the taps now, the washing machine is my new best friend and i can eat most anything i crave whenever i want. part of me despises this because the reality of western living shocks my system and tells me its time to transition.

one of the students thanked me this week for being gracious with her when she did things the wrong way in the hospital or when i spoke into her life on a discipleship level. i felt seen when she said that to me.

yesterday, during a public event, i walked over to get a cup of tea and met one of my students who was also getting a cuppa. she said to me "are you going to the hospital?" and then we laughed hysterically as we both knew she meant to say "airport" instead of "hospital". after we wound down i smiled and thought about how i won't be going to the hospital for a while and felt a little melancholy. i think though as i write this, i need time to process. i need time to just be.

No comments: