Wednesday, September 01, 2010

scents and funnel cake

i have one friend with such a distinctive scent. i hugged her tonight and now my hand smells like her, so comforting. it reminds me of when my aunt terri would go out with mom in our cool 1990 aerostar, then, when mom would pick us up in the car and we would fasten our seatbelt, instantly you would know with one sniff, aunt terri has been here.

it is nearly nine pm and the day has been full on. something about when we are trusting, not knowing where provision can come from, only fixing our eyes on him. everything else wants to distract, but i can't, i just need to baptize my eyes, clean off the muck and refocus. there is no formula to provision, only obedience. just some musings for the evening...

we had a very successful market night this evening-all come together who want to sell their goodies-a celebration of everyone's talents, an exchange of finances and a tummy full of tasty samples. our own little carnival. ben the balloon man even made me a purple pony with a yellow mane.

while i am here, if anyone would like to donate some items to raise finance for my outreach fees, let me know. anything you could give of course would be appreciated! and any pr*yers you have to offer as well for the event. it is happening this saturday. holly "the amazing" sturm is putting it on. she rocks.

okay, nighty night guys.

1 comment:

ABigDifference said...

BEK¡¡¡¡ You are such a blessing¡ I am so honored by your tender and precious love¡ Keep giving it, sister¡ Much love--Amy