Wednesday, April 21, 2010

it took so long.

Well, how do I sum up the time thus far in this land that I really do love.
Here are some photos from the lovely Reinette of South Africa. I have some of my own that I will upload a little later, for now. Enjoy these.
Sorry it has taken so long. I have been trying since Sunday but the internet has not been on my side.



this is our amazing dining room where we enjoy home cooked Filipino food almost everyday. Melinda, the cook, hopes to open a restaurant one day.


On this day we went to visit a birth center for the first time, we are now doing prenatal checks and immunizations there.


Elections are happening. I will send a movie shortly of what that loaded phrase entails. For now, this is mayor James "Bong" Gordon, hoping to be re-elected. He has my vote.


Taking a stroll on the beach. I'm clearly still in the Mu slim world with my head wrapped and all.


These are the lovely children of 12th Street, we go often during the week to be with the pregnant moms as well as these little cherubs.


and here we go with the pregnant mums...i take photos. that's my job.


Anyone can always come and get their BP taken. always a great time to love and people and send up some pra*yers for miracles!


we like kids chairs.









oh the "houses"...it is common for most people to have their house flood three feet everyday, yes, everyday.


we thank the u.s. navy for our transport.


These are the base leaders, community developers, loveliest of most lovely people.


every saturday. kids program. thank goodness i have the mother i have, I owe Kids INC a lot.


we take a little boat "banka" to the clinic each day, this is the view.


mmm...sunset...a lovely background to have up while we play beach volleyball.

that's all folks. hope you enjoyed!

6 comments:

Vickie Dinneen said...

Oh Bek...you made my day just by posting pictures. And pictures with your lovely face makes me happiest, of course! I love 'seeing' where you walk, eat and the many people whose lives you change by your obedience to follow His call on your life. Thanks for living your faith outloud; you inpsire me daily. Love you tons and can't wait to meet up with you soon on Skype :)

Anonymous said...

Miss Bekah, I got the go ahead on doing the Zumba fundraiser!!!! So the date is June 25th. I was wondering if I could plese get some pictures from you of all your many journeys that I can show. I also want to do a write up on a half sheet that tells what you are doing and how people can support you. Do you think that is something I can get from you? I love you and will keep you posted with all the details!

Love, Miss Patti

Anonymous said...

As always you are a light to me .......
The girlies imagine themselve with you .......
You are truly being "salt" to those you touch....
you're always on my mind.
Dad

Holly Ann said...

So good to see little bits of your daily life in photos! Thank you for the update.

Rachel H said...

oh my! it is so nice to see where you guys are! I'm so glad that everything has worked out! it looks like Dad answered my request for you guys to have a sweet refreshing time. I'm sooooo happy for you. Got our visa's today and fly tomorrow! miss you and love you!

veehlabs said...

lovely pics dear, turns out philipines aint so bad. hope to catch u soon. May God bless you.
vela (YWAM Tz)