Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Here’s the thing. G*od is really cool.

Okay, I have been thinking a lot about grieving lately. Learning how to do it. All of us need healing. I think grieving and healing are deeply connected. Grieving releases healing.

Yes, all of us need healing. Whoever who you are, your parents probably weren’t perfect, you have probably made mistakes, you have probably been rejected, you probably haven’t seen the character of G*od in the painful things you have walked through in life…

About the healing.

I’m not so good at the grieving part. I like to keep the peace. To feel the peace in my heart. Grieving offsets the feeling of balance I love to feel.

You know when you cut your finger, and if you suck hard enough or squeeze hard enough, the pain subsides. That is, until you let the blood rush back to your cut. For me, the blood is the grieving, I like to cut it off and slowly let it flow to the site of the cut and kind of control the pain that I feel. It is actually the blood that contains the healing agents for the open wound, the very thing I cut off. Or like cartilage, cartilage takes a long time to heal because it is less vascular. You know when people tear their meniscus it often has to be repaired by surgery because the healing would naturally take too long. The blood, the pain, is necessary.

So here is this for now. Maybe more later.

We had an excellent week at the hospital. I personally got to be in the labour ward, and it was awesome. I love life.

Bless you guys.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

In this country, we try so hard to separate life from death. Grief from joy. And really, at least as humans, we can't know one without the other. But isn't it amazing that God can do both at once. We need only look to the gory, beautiful cross to see that. God bless you, Bekah. This is raw and beautiful.