Sunday, October 21, 2012

india.

here i am once again.
third time around and what is happening?
well - it feels comfortable. haha... i think i could live here.
there is the occasional stomach upset and burning as much on the way out as on the way in, but for the most part, the initial shock of life in india isn't very shocking anymore.

communication in india is comprised of shouting, corrections and blunt comments (this is all very subjective). it is a shock to my positive system, but somehow the collective months of life under this communication have allowed an adjustment. it is only a matter of time before i start calling people fat.


some indian fun-ness and my response...
eating with my hand - you have never tasted such delicious food.
your left hand is dirty - "don't touch me with that hand!" "please, excuse my left hand."
how much do you want me to pay? "yeighty rupees madame" - 8 = yeight and a = yay
you are looking very nice in your indian suit! - aside from the scarf that expands my worldview on what scarves are for - indian punjabis seem too comfortable to be be true - don't worry, the sari takes the cake for the discomfort.


and onward to the hospital we go, day in and day out with jesus at the centre.

2 comments:

Sarah Lenz said...

someone said 'pray for India' in a meeting this week, and I began singing in my head! Love reading this

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your India
with me.
Love Dad