Monday, March 29, 2010


This is my friend Zara. We met at the hospital, a couple of us went to visit her. Enjoy the photos. These are the women of India.


Zara's sisters. The one on left (I forget her name, ahhh) did all my henna. Fatuma, with the blue scarf, she is 17 and awaiting her marriage in a couple months, she did our arm tat henna.




This is when they served me Bidyiani, three times, I was so full.


The mahindi-ed us (henna) and did our hair. Doesn't Kali's hair look great?


mmmm...henna


All too quickly we had to leave, and once again...burqua-ed up.

3 comments:

Vickie Dinneen said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! What a rich experience Bek...and to be invited to come to their home, an honor. I can't wait to sit on the couch and look through ALL of your pictues....

I love you so much and enjoyed our brief phone call today. I hope that you all enjoyed your ice cream cones from the Golden Arches...

Gretchen said...

Lurve the pictures, Bek. I've decided that you must wear turquoise blue every day from now on. It looks so great on you!!! :)

What an amazing, amazing experience. I've never had henna done anywhere. It looks intricate and beautiful.

Rachel H said...

waiting for the first pil-a-pines blog! :)