Saturday, July 18, 2009

week one and two.

Hi everyone. It is the end of week and I'm so glad for the Saturday rest.
Last Monday I arrived and from the airport, we came to lunch and orientation for the students began after that. At one point during orientation the students came up and pra*yed over their staff...They possibly were thinking that I was a lunatic who needed pra*yer...at least I was in the right place to have pra*yer. Hehehe...

Anyway, it has been such an incredible experience hearing the stories of each students battle to get to Perth. To hear where they have come from and the vision they are with G*od for. For such a time as this, G*od has brought this amazing group together. Last week we learned about anatomy and physiology of the female reproductive system, the pelvis and the fetal skull. The girls have dove into the the lectures and homework, they are a group of go-getters. These weeks have been laying a foundation for the next eleven months. We have spent time learning about becoming a G*od-fearing midwife along with the character and nature of G*od.

Along with helping the students along, I am so blessed to be in the lectures again. There is so much I have forgotten or was on overload last year and couldn't take in, but now, I am fresh and ready to take in...

My responsibilities are in hospitality (preparing cakes, cards and tables for the birthday people, three so far... and getting drinks and snacks and preparing/maintaining the guest flat) making a guest speaker book with info about each student, facilitating assignments, correcting homework, being in class and leading out in inter*cession and wor*ship times. We as staff found out about outreach locations this week, but we are still pra*ying throuh details, so I think by next week I will be able to share with you. Let's just say, I am having a hard time not leaking the locations through this blog.

Yeah, I really want to share about this week lectures. Give me some time to pull some stuff together. It has been an intense little week.

Love you guys. Thanks for reading. I would really love your pra*yers over my finances and the finances for the school. We are gearing up for fundraising. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear the excitment in your writing! I will be praying for God's direction on which outreaches He wants you all to be apart of. Love you Miss Bekah!

Love,
Miss Patti

Anonymous said...

Bekah...what a joy it was to have some time with you this past month. And now we anxiously await your blog so that we know how to pray for you and your team.....but also to have those wonderful word pictures from you that transport us from our world to yours! Much love and blessings to you! Cindy

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the update, friend. I'll pray for you. I know you're such a huge blessing to each baby delivered, and each midwife in training. xxxooo